The Deferred Payment Agreement

In case of payment of a bond is not maintained, we can ensure that the resident is transferred to an alternative care home that can meet the needs of the individual and if the costs do not exceed the personal budget value. If you or your representative remain dissatisfied with any aspect of the deferred payment system, you must follow the customer`s advice and the claim procedure. If the contract is terminated, we must pay the full amount owed. If you have a deferred payment contract and someone owns your home with you, they must accept the agreement and accept that the house is sold when the time comes to reimburse the local authority. Before a deferred payment contract is approved, the municipality conducts a financial assessment. First, they will look at your savings and assets (without the value of your home), which must be below the corresponding threshold (for example. B $23,250 in England) to qualify. If the deferred payment contract ends because a person dies, the amount owed to a local authority is due 90 days after the person`s death. If you or a loved one already live in a retirement home but were not aware of the late payment option, you can still ask the Council to consider one. Under the Care Act, local authorities may charge administrative fees for the organization and implementation of the deferred payment contract and interest on accrued debt securities.

By law, administrative costs should not exceed the cost of making an adjournment available, and interest will be consistent with a national standard set by the government. The implementation of a deferral of payment should not last more than 12 weeks. The value of your home is ignored for the first 12 weeks after moving into care. The agreement should therefore be ready for the time you start participating in the fees. All of this is described in an agreement with the Council that you must sign. At the end of this 90-day period, if we have not received payment or active action to repay the debt, we will not initiate legal proceedings to recover the amount owed. If the local authority is aware that the person has a weekly income of more than $144 (known as personal disposable income), the person may ask the person to contribute to the cost of their care for the rest of their income as part of the financial assessment process. This means that only a portion of the costs are deferred.